Friday, January 11, 2013

Unusual Picnic

The other morning we went to a friend's house to play.  On the way home Ryan asked where we were going to go next.  When I answered that we were going home for lunch he did not think that was a good idea.  After a few minutes of grumbling, he said to me "I am not going inside to eat my lunch.  I am going to eat it in the car."  I said that was OK.  He added on "I'm not going to eat my lunch in my carseat, I am going to eat it in your seat."  I said OK.   He then added "And you're going to put my lunch in my lunch box, please."  I said OK.  I offered the suggestion of an indoor picnic on the living room floor, but he was not interested.  So, he ate his lunch out of his lunch box while sitting by himself in the car while the car was parked in our garage.  When he finally wanted to be let out, I opened the door and he said "Mom, that was the best picnic ever!"  Hmmmmmm. . .